Vitamin A source
- Common food sources of vitamin A include cod liver oil, carrots, yellow and dark green vegetables, gourd, chamomile, kale, acacia, spinach, pumpkin, ripe mango, broccoli, cantaloupe, cucumber, white cabbage, ripe papaya. Eggs, milk, margarine, yellow fruit, etc.
Recommend Vitamedica Clear Skin Vitamin Supplement for Acne W/Vitamins A, C & E Plus Zinc
Zinc for Acne 100 Tablet Clear Skin Formula Vitamins Zit Treatment Pills Blemish
Type of vitamin a
- Is already in a vitamin form (Proformed Vitamin A) or called Retinol. Is vitamin A Found in animals, such as liver, milk, cod liver oil, meat, chicken, are immediate-acting vitamins such as retinol, retinal, and retinoic acid. Retinol may be converted to retinal retinoic acid, another form of immediate-acting vitamin.
- Vitamin A found in plants called Provitamin A carotenoids are vitamins that need to be changed in the body before they work. Found in green leafy plants, it can be converted to vitamin A naturally. Provitamin A carotenoids come in many forms, including: beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, lycopene, and cryptoxanthin, vitamin A type beta-carotene Will convert to vitamin A, retinol and work well, but alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin are about half the effect. beta-carotene, but lycopene, cryptoxanthin Will not turn into vitamin A. Found in colored vegetables such as carrots, spinach.
Most vitamin A fruits and vegetables are yellow, orange, red, and dark green because they contain beta-carotene and caronoids that the body will convert to vitamin A. Because vitamin A in fruits and vegetables is very sensitive to oxygen. Therefore, the best way to prevent vitamin loss is The container should be closed while boiling and add a little water.
Benefits of Vitamin A
- Vision of vitamins is to help convert light into electrical signals, which are transmitted to the visual. If this deficiency makes it difficult to see at night or in low light, it is normal during the day And dry the conjunctiva An ulcer of the cornea In case of severe vitamin A deficiency, it can lead to blindness. In addition, optic neuritis is more common in the age group over 50 years and causes loss of sight It was found that when receiving antioxidant drugs (including vitamin A), it showed a 25% reduction in disease incidence. Summary Vitamin A prevents night blindness and slows down the occurrence of macular degeneration.
- Reduce the risk of cancer. Vitamin A controls cell growth, which in turn has a reducing effect on cancer. Studies have shown that eating a diet high in plant vitamin A reduces the incidence of lymphoma. Cervical cancer, lung cancer, and bladder cancer But providing vitamin A that comes from animals does not reduce cancer. In addition, those who smoke when beta-carotene Will increase the risk of lung cancer
- Enhance immunity By strengthening the conjunctiva, lungs, digestive tract, genitals to prevent pathogens invading the cells. It also helps to build white blood cells, which bind germs. It was also found that in countries with measles-mararia infection, when treating vitamin A deficiency, the risk of death from the disease was reduced.
- Reduce acne breakouts Acne caused by the sebaceous glands clogged by dead cells and sebum. Vitamin A deficiency increases the risk of developing acne. Using vitamins, either topically or by mouth, will help reduce acne breakouts.
- Bone strength depends on protein, calcium, and vitamin D. Taking vitamin A increases bone strength. It was found that taking adequate vitamins reduced the risk of fractures
Advice on vitamin A intake
- 5,000 IU is the recommended daily intake for adult males and 4,000 IU for females. But during pregnancy, you should never eat more. But for women who are breastfeeding An additional 100 IU may be obtained during the first six months and an additional 80 IU in the last six months.
- Beta-carotene does not yet have a recommended daily dose. Because it has not been formally listed as an essential nutrient But in general, beta carotene 10,000-15,000 IU is considered adequate and equivalent to the recommended dose in vitamin A.
- Vitamin A comes in two forms of over-the-counter dietary supplements: one that is extracted from natural cod liver oil and a water-dispersed form. Which is going to be in the form of acetate or palmitate. Suitable for those who should not be ingesting oils, such as those with acne or very oily face, the recommended dose is 5,000-10,000 IU, the second form, Retin-A, used in acne treatment and treatment. Wrinkles are the main This format must be used only on the advice of your doctor.
- The recommended form of vitamin A is: Vitamins in the form of beta carotene. Because there is no risk from eating accumulation like vitamin A. And beta carotene can prevent some types of cancer. Helps reduce cholesterol levels that are harmful to health. Strengthen immunity by increasing the number of white blood cells. And it can also help reduce the risk of heart disease as well.
- 400 IU of vitamin E requires at least 10,000 IU of vitamin A.
- Taking birth control pills makes your body need less vitamin A.
- If eating large amounts of carrots, liver, spinach, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe I do not need to eat vitamin A from supplements.
- Do not take vitamin A with natural oils.
- Vitamin A works best with vitamin B complex, vitamin D, vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus and zinc.
- Vitamin A prevents vitamin C from being oxidized.
- If taking drugs to lower cholesterol levels The body will absorb less vitamins. And may have to find something to eat
- Pregnant women should not take vitamin A under any circumstances because it is a strong drug. In which the unborn child may be deformed