Vitamin A source
- Common food sources of vitamin A include cod liver oil, carrots, yellow and dark green vegetables, gourd, chamomile, kale, acacia, spinach, pumpkin, ripe mango, broccoli, cantaloupe, cucumber, white cabbage, ripe papaya. Eggs, milk, margarine, yellow fruit, etc.
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% High Strength Vitamin And Mineral Blemish Formula Oil Control Whitening Moisturizing Ordinary Serum
$4.62 in stock
Type of vitamin a
- Is already in a vitamin form (Proformed Vitamin A) or called Retinol. Is vitamin A Found in animals, such as liver, milk, cod liver oil, meat, chicken, are immediate-acting vitamins such as retinol, retinal, and retinoic acid. Retinol may be converted to retinal retinoic acid, another form of immediate-acting vitamin.
- Vitamin A found in plants called Provitamin A carotenoids are vitamins that need to be changed in the body before they work. Found in green leafy plants, it can be converted to vitamin A naturally. Provitamin A carotenoids come in many forms, including: beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, lycopene, and cryptoxanthin, vitamin A type beta-carotene Will convert to vitamin A, retinol and work well, but alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin are about half the effect. beta-carotene, but lycopene, cryptoxanthin Will not turn into vitamin A. Found in colored vegetables such as carrots, spinach.
Most vitamin A fruits and vegetables are yellow, orange, red, and dark green because they contain beta-carotene and caronoids that the body will convert to vitamin A. Because vitamin A in fruits and vegetables is very sensitive to oxygen. Therefore, the best way to prevent vitamin loss is The container should be closed while boiling and add a little water.
Benefits of Vitamin A
- Vision of vitamins is to help convert light into electrical signals, which are transmitted to the visual. If this deficiency makes it difficult to see at night or in low light, it is normal during the day And dry the conjunctiva An ulcer of the cornea In case of severe vitamin A deficiency, it can lead to blindness. In addition, optic neuritis is more common in the age group over 50 years and causes loss of sight It was found that when receiving antioxidant drugs (including vitamin A), it showed a 25% reduction in disease incidence. Summary Vitamin A prevents night blindness and slows down the occurrence of macular degeneration.
- Reduce the risk of cancer. Vitamin A controls cell growth, which in turn has a reducing effect on cancer. Studies have shown that eating a diet high in plant vitamin A reduces the incidence of lymphoma. Cervical cancer, lung cancer, and bladder cancer But providing vitamin A that comes from animals does not reduce cancer. In addition, those who smoke when beta-carotene Will increase the risk of lung cancer
- Enhance immunity By strengthening the conjunctiva, lungs, digestive tract, genitals to prevent pathogens invading the cells. It also helps to build white blood cells, which bind germs. It was also found that in countries with measles-mararia infection, when treating vitamin A deficiency, the risk of death from the disease was reduced.
- Reduce acne breakouts Acne caused by the sebaceous glands clogged by dead cells and sebum. Vitamin A deficiency increases the risk of developing acne. Using vitamins, either topically or by mouth, will help reduce acne breakouts.
- Bone strength depends on protein, calcium, and vitamin D. Taking vitamin A increases bone strength. It was found that taking adequate vitamins reduced the risk of fractures
Disadvantages of vitamin A
- Vitamin A’s harms include bone pain, headache, fatigue, irregular menstruation, hair loss, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, peeling skin, hair loss, blurred vision, rash, and enlarged liver. It can be dangerous for adults who have eaten more than 50,000 IU consecutively for several months. And for pregnant women, miscarriages may occur if they consume 18,500 IU consecutively every day. The beta carotene. If you consume more than 34,000 IU consecutively every day Skin color may turn yellow. And the enemy of vitamin A, polyunsaturated fatty acids and carotene, will work in conflict with vitamin A. If the body is not enough antioxidants